Mcintosh 452 vs Pass Labs XA 30.5

Hello everyone, I'm at the Mcintosh house and so maybe part of the answers will be taken for granted, thanks to the desire to try new devices I'm evaluating a transition from my current Final Pass Xa 30.5 to a MC452. Even the pre should be replaced by switching from an Xp10 Pass to the Mcintosh C48.
I use the Totem Mani 2, Audio Physic Scorpio 2 and Tannoy Eaton speakers in a listening environment of around 20 sqm at low and medium volumes.
I would like some advice from those who have had the opportunity to try, comparing these brands and the good interface between the coupled MC 48 and 452 and my speakers.
Thank you.
128x128mizioa

Showing 4 responses by kalali

Apples and oranges...but for the Totems the MC452 will be a night and day improvement.  Others, not so much.
“On these fairly easy to drive speakers, both will work fine...”

Totem Mani2 speakers are actually not an easy load thus my comment around the McIntosh being a better match, all other things being equal.
“They are an easy load, they are just not efficient 80.7db, which means they need watts rather current when played loud.”

Not looking for an argument but whatever wording you want to choose your advice was not appropriate. I know those speakers and 30wpc, class A or otherwise, will not be a good match to get the best sound out of them, even in a moderate size room. They’ll sound okay but nowhere near what they’re capable of. 
"But you are, then don't quote me and then try to "cover" your inability to distinguish "bad load for a speaker" with "inefficiency of a speaker"."

I give up. You wore me out. Go read Atkinson's measurements. I'm done with your BS.