mcintosh 452 amp

hi audiogoners. i just purchased a mcintosh 452 power amp locally (traded in a b.a.t. vk250 power amp). my question is this: i'm pairing the mac with a b.a.t vk3i tube preamp. does this combination work well? would it be worth, down the line, to invest in a mac pre amp? my system so far is as follows: kef 205/2 speakers, marantz reference cd/sacd player, vpi turntable, purist audio spkr cables, jps labs interconnects and powerchords, and a running springs power conditioner. that being said, i think i've pretty much completed my system. hopefully the mac amp is the last piece of the puzzle. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks.
gilman6125

Showing 1 response by smatsui

The BAT preamp should work fine. I like my MC452 with a Ray Samuels A-10 vacuum tube preamp/electrostatic headphone amp. This combo is very dynamic, with a large soundstage and very good imagining. My source is a Bricasti M1 DAC and Bryston BDP-2 digital music player. My analog system is a Linn LP12 and Zesto Andros PS1. The MC452 is a great amp for my Harbeth M40.1 speakers.