MC275 Tube Rolling...

I would love to roll some tubes with my MC275 (the current production version V) It is highly appreciated if all you who are experienced drop a few lines... I would like to know about the tubes that you have ever rolled on this machine from the beginning until the end, the sound characteristic for the each of them and the one which you settled down with and of course... why the choice... Yeah, I am clueless of what tube to get since there are so many out there... All your inputs will be extremely valuable to me. Thank You So Much!
infinity_audio

Showing 1 response by viper_z

Hi Jgiacalo,
I am a happy new owner of MC275, in fact, I like it so much that I am getting a second pair so I can run them in mono. I wonder in your experience, does using the Herbie tube damper "sucks" the life out of the music?

Right now, I like what the MC275 does in my system from mid to high, the sound is very sweet and lifely. The bass is not bad, but below 40Hz it starts to get a little 'loose'. My speakers are only 85db efficient, but one single MC275 can drive it to 110 db loudness easily. I can't wait for the second unit to arrive.

Thanks for sharing.