MC275 Tube Rolling...

I would love to roll some tubes with my MC275 (the current production version V) It is highly appreciated if all you who are experienced drop a few lines... I would like to know about the tubes that you have ever rolled on this machine from the beginning until the end, the sound characteristic for the each of them and the one which you settled down with and of course... why the choice... Yeah, I am clueless of what tube to get since there are so many out there... All your inputs will be extremely valuable to me. Thank You So Much!
infinity_audio

Showing 5 responses by infinity_audio

Made a decision that I am going to give the Genalex a try. Still want to know whats good to roll for the 12 type tubes...
I also realized that on the chassis it is printed 12ax7a. What is the difference between the 12AX7 and the 12AX7A? Will it be okay if I use a 12AX7 instead of a 12AX7A?
I have a Silverline Sonata MK I. I am planning to go with a Mac C-220. I have to tune it as the sound is now not what I want, and I am trying hard to find out what tubes, which brand, what production will have what affect in what area... I am excited to know what you guys have settled down with and why... More input is definitely appreciated!
Do we really need to follow Mac's instruction for using 12AX7A? or the regular 12AX& and 5751 will work. I am talking about the v1, v2 and v5 position.

If I am using unbalanced input, is v1 in use? Will changing the v1 tube affect the sound more or the v2 and v5 changes the sound more?
5 years later, I have settled down to the following tubes...

KT88 Gold Lion
(will try black treasure one day)

V1 (12AX7A)
RCA GP 12AX7A

V2,5(12AX7A)
Mullard Blkburn GP 12AX7A

V3,4,6,7 (12AT7)
Sylvania Gold Brand TMBP 12AT7wA (aka 6201)