Mc C47 or Rotel 1590

McIntosh C47 or Rotel 1590 pre amp ( I know theres a big of a price difference but which would be better overall dollar for dollar)
thanks; I pick C47 in terms of sound but I’m not sure which would be a better buy overall 

blackjack616
You are correct, there is a big difference in price and the reason is Rotel has a conscience and won't charge McIntosh prices for their equipment. And McIntosh can't build their level of quality and performance at Rotel prices. Both brands have very good reputations , performance and build quality. But the value is nested in the selling price, you get what you pay for.
agreed....I went from a Rotel RB01092 to a MC252 and am not looking back.  Although, the RB1590 has been getting rave reviews but at $4K retail I would be looking a bit closer at McIntosh. But, I see you are asking about preamps.  I had upgraded my RC1550 to an RC1590 ($1700 retail) and when I got home my wife asked were the McIntosh was, so I returned the preamp, took my RB1582 amp as trade and came home with a MAC6700 - no regrets.  The RC1590 has also been getting good reviews.  
So you had time listening to the 1590 pre + 1582 amp?
Is the  MAC6700 hands down better than that combo?