MBL6010S vs Vitas SL101

I am considering a preamp "upgrade" from the MBL6010D and am wondering if anyone has any direct experience comparing it to the Vitus SL101 two box preamp. From everything I hear, the MBL takes a long long time to come into it's own, to break-in as it were.........so if you are able to comment please mention whether the units had serious hours on them or not! Tks.
bullot

Showing 2 responses by boeing

The SL 101 is a one box pre which has been discontinued. Is it the MP -L 201 that you are taking about?
I can solve one part of the equation... I have no great exposure to MBL 6010, except at a dealers show room , so I shall refrain on commenting about it. The Vitus SL -101 is one however that I had in residence for close to 2 years. I found it be a very smooth operator. Just the right warmth to it's tone , but resolving and resolution to match at the same time. It was exceptional at portraying the inner shadings with a wide tonal palette . While it may not be the last word in speed from a Macro viewpoint , it was rhythmically supple to keep time in a most satisfactory manner. It must be noted that above comments are made with it driving a matching Vitus power amplifier. Cheers !