Matching up speakers and amps

I currently own a pair of Spendor A5's that I am very happy with. They are matched up to a McCormack DNA 0.5 and the Acurus LS11. I am looking to replace one or both and also still debating tubes vs SS. Any opinions as to the Spendors matching up better one way or the other?
mwentsel
The Acurus can probably be improved upon. You didn't give us a budjet to work with. As a generic answer I like what tubes do a lot and have them in almost every place I can. What sound are you aiming for? An older ARC piece may be affordable to you, they typically clean up your sound, as they say precision instruments or something like that. If you want a little more warmth an old Conrad Johson or even a Cary. I like the Cary because he uses 6SN7s in his (tube) designs.
Based on reading about the DNA 0.5, & having one in one of my systems (with Spendor S3/5 SE's), I'd keep the McCormack--very nice sounding amp, unless you have very hard-to-drive speakers perhaps.

PS--what are you looking to do, i.e. what's bugging you about the sound now, etc, that you want to improve?
A possible upgrade for your McCormack DNA .5 is to try and score a used DNA .5 that has been upgraded by SMc Audio. Sometimes you can find them here on A'gon for about $900- $1000+. If not you can send it to SMc Audio for mods. Whenever I've spoken to Kris or Steve they always are willing to customize the mods to your needs and give you the most for your buck. To me if you are happy with the McCormack just stay along those lines.