Martin Logan vs. Everything

I have a pair of Martin Logan 13a. to me they sound incredible. The thing is I also like to spend time at hi-fi shops , whether they be brick and mortar or or online and it seems like those dealers think the Martin Logan are the weak Link in my system…

I’ve listened to Speakers twice and even three times the price and they don’t sound any better to me but I do have my room treated and everything is tuned just in my liking. my personal opinion is that Martin Logan has spent years perfecting what they do with the electrostatic speaker, and that it’s just not financially feasible for some of these smaller companies to try and do the same so they have traditional box speakers, which are great, but to me not as great as the Martin Logan .

so how wrong am I ? Fight me. 

andrewkelley

Unless you broke somthing, it is not your speakers.  I have a pair of older Ethos model and they sound great with the Hegel h190 and Eversolo DMP-A6 dac.  

Check your source, amp and cables. 

I have had ML's since 1996, which are still in my living room and have upgraded to the ESLXs in my office.  If you like the sound from the MLs that is all that matters!  The only true negative point about the MLs is that their panels loose their fidelity over time and may need to be replaced after 10 to 15 years.  I've noticed the highs have faded a bit from my 1996 models in the living room but my own ears have also faded over the years. :)  Don't worry about what the dealers are telling you, they want to sell you new speakers. Trust your own ears, no one else will experience the audio the same way that you do.  Good luck with whatever decision that you make, just remember to enjoy the music!

Thanks everyone!!!  I had a few drinks when I wrote my original post… I’m glad to see so much love for the Logans. By the way,.. terrible sweet spot but it’s just for me and the room and system is tuned to my liking so who cares right!!! 
im super happy now with my setup and I just buy records if I want to spend money on my system. 
also I will say this… to make these speakers truly tremendous, EVERYTHING MATTERS. I had a bug zapper in the garage.. I could hear it in the panels. That’s what started me on dedicated lines, grounds, and power conditioning. I have tuned and treated every aspect of my system and it’s wonderful 

I have the older martin logan Ethos which are very close to the 13a.  They are very good speakers for details, but not as smooth as my sonus fabers.  Its more about prefrence than anything else.  Diffrent but not always better.