Mark Levinson Has Saved Me And My MUSIC!!

I am so thoroughly impressed with the Daniel Hertz Master Class Software/C Wave technology.

As a music/artist first audiophile, i.e., someone who doesn’t restrict myself to audiophile recordings only, I possess thousands of poor recordings themselves or poor quality files (mp3s) from very talented obscure artists around the world, accrued over 30 years. I have them because it was the only option.

I was on the fence about buying this software because i hate the sight of anything Apple...and one needs to have a Macbook to install this software. But, i bit the bullet and got myself a Mac.

This software has been the perfect salvage tool for suboptimal recordings and poor quality digital files. It has breathed life into so many old recordings and made them so much more enjoyable. This may easily be the best 600 bucks i’ve ever spent.

Limitations:

This software is only for converting existing lousy quality digital files prior to playback.

If you want the software to intervene and salvage your music on the fly, i.e. streaming, etc, you may need to cough up the dough for his Maria all-in-one streamer+dac+amp (not cheap). I have not decided if i want to go that route because i prefer to buy hires digital files (albums) for permanent ownership whenever i can, i.e., not just "rent" it from a streaming service. I use streaming services only to discover music. The software is good enough for me.

Other:

The deemed health benefits from music processed through this software for playback (the pilot test he talks about in this video) are yet to be seen, in my case, at least. I haven’t visited the doctor for a checkup, or intend to be a guinea pig or prove that the latter is true. But, if it makes me healthier, so be it...I am already extremely happy with the software!!!

Keep listening guys/gals!

deep_333

Some North Americans own blinders...😁

Now evaluate the civilization continuity and creativity looking at this map ? Do you see the US ? 😊

And this maps is erroneous because it lack 2 thousand years of China continuity civilization.

Then they know something...

By the way the time where China was not a major player is relatively short between 1700 and 1980.. The map is misleading too the Mongolian empire was "chinafied", the mongols became civilized adopting china refinement in all areas..

And no i hate the CCP... The CCP is not china no more than Biden is america or Trudeau Canada.

“And no i hate the CCP... The CCP is not china no more than Biden is america or Trudeau Canada.” Well said @mahgister!

The Histomap is great 👍 

Mark says analog reproduced from PCM digital is "non-continuous," ie stair-stepped and shows this in a diagram in his C Wave patent (below). This is simply not true. Digital samples are discrete point values when sampled. They do not get transformed into stair-stepped values when converting back to analog. The people here do a really good job at explaining all of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD7YFUYLpDc

None of this is to say digital sounds better, worse, or the same as analog as that is subjective. The point is Mark’s characterization of what actually happening with the signal is not correct. Some people may not like digital for various reasons, but it isn’t because the reproduced analog signal is discontinuous.

The origins of the software comes from Richard Burwen:

"In 2002 the advent of the Pentium 2 computer made available enough processing power for high quality reverberation specialized for high frequencies. My goal in developing professional AUDIO SPLENDOR was to improve the sound of my own
20,000 watt home hi-fi system and incidentally to make software for recording studios.

During development I sent sample music tracks to Mark Levinson who persuaded me to also develop consumer versions of AUDIO SPLENDOR for licensing to major companies. BURWEN BOBCAT RE was made available for downloading at this
website. LG in Korea licensed BOBCAT MOBILE and built it into four different cell phone models. However LG failed to advertize their superior cell phone sound and sold only 1,500,000 units. Over many years licensing and download sales of
BURWEN BOBCAT RE, and the more recent products, did not total enough to be called a real success.

For my own sound system however, I feel that my eight years of software development at 60 hours per week, making every one of 1,400,000 long mathematic formulas work, has achieved monumental success. It sounds better then I imagined and was worth every minute. I use it many hours every day while listening, and permanent remastering of my nearly 40 years of concert recordings."

Here is the C Wave patent. Scroll to the claims section. All that is being patented are the equalization and reverberation parameters.

The patent examiner is not certifying the salubrious benefits!

But maybe Mark will consider applying to the FDA for a medical device clearance for Maria given health claims. Why not... electric toothbrush manufactures do it.

https://ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/11925433

Interesting video. Silly but interesting. There is no basis for saying that the analog waveform coming out of your DAC is stairstepped or "tic tic tic." But I can easily believe that processing the musical file by adding reverb and EQ can affect the listener's emotions. It would be an interesting research project to find out if certain recording techniques correlated with measurable emotions in the listener.

I use a processor in my playback chain (BSG QOL) that adds depth and focus and I would bet that my emotional state is better when I use it than when I don't. I don't have any issue with Levinson's technique to improve the sound of recordings, I just wish he didn't rely on technobabble and new age claims of improving one's health.

One more thing. I have a pretty good library of LPs and CDs and I play both regularly. I have never been able to perceive vinyl to be inherently superior to digital. At least on my system, the SQ is dependent on the recording rather than the format. I suspect that if you used Levinson's real time processor on a vinyl record it would have the same listener effect as for digital.

Post removed