mark levinson 360s

hi, as of today, is this mark levinson 360s dac still a good choice to buy. How is the sound? Any information or suggestion will help. Thks
banmac

Showing 1 response by horseface

I have switched a lot of equipment out but my 360s remains. It fit my system perfectly. I too had it matched with a No 37 and loved that combo but the 37 bit the dust. I replaced it with a Wadia 23 (transport mode) and the system has worked flawlessly. I will eventually pickup rebuilt 37 just for the match. I have done side by side comparisons with several cheaper DACs (Emotiva, Music Hall, X-DAC) and it was no contest. I also compared it to the Wadia 23 CDP and I had a Krell KPS-20 for about a year ... it was a cut above anything I tried. I now have the computer feeding directly into the coax input and it sounds fantastic. The Wadia is hooked in via the AES/EBU digital output.

Six years and it still works flawlessly...

I have run Redbook, standard FLAC files and HD FLAC Tracks into it, with never an issue. The 24/96 tracks are about as good as digital gets. I confess I went back to vinyl so the digital set hasn’t been played as much but I just downloaded the new Donald Fagen (Morf the Cat) 24/96 and I have a bottle of red wine for this evening. They don’t show up as often anymore but as far as I am concerned, they are worth the $3000+ price tag they seem to command.