marantz pm8006 vs peahtree nova 150.

Which of these 2 amps would you recommend ? To be connected to Tannoy  xt6f's. Currently 
driven by a Harmon Kardon 3490 stereo receiver that must go. It was given to me witch was cool .
But now I see why. Anything else in the $1200 to $1500 range would be fine. Thanks much.

128x128jcb1957

Showing 3 responses by 10000_hz_legend

Been teetering between these two for a new pair of Dali oberons that are on order.  Anyone else care to way in?
From what I’ve read it seems to me that the Marantz PM8005 is a very well built solid amplifier that is very much so a “traditional” amp.  The Peachtree Nova 150 on the other hand is very unconventional with it’s class D amp, bult in DAC and special features like expandable wifi and lightning cable friendliness.

All this aside...  Which one SOUNDS better???
I’d love to go with the Peachtree because it is so much more exciting, and in the end I will probably buy one over the Marantz, but I feel it deserves a mention that I’ve read as many as 5 circumstances where customers had problems with their Nova 150’s and 300’s.  I am willing to put these problems aside because I like the fact that they are made in Canada and are a much smaller company than Marantz.