Marantz DV8300 as Transport and Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC

Hi guys,

I recently bought the Marantz DV8300 DVD/SACD/CD player. I am planning to use it as a transport by connecting it to my Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC. I have 2 questions:

1. On the Pontus 2, the COAX 1 input is already in use for my Node 2i streamer.  COAX 2 input, however, appears to be different and not the standard RCA.  When i researched, I figured its a BNC 75 ohm input.  So would the Blue Jeans Canare cable RCA/BNC terminations (first one on this list) do the job or do I need something else to transport music from the marantz to my pontus 2 COAX 2 input?
  2. Assuming I am able to connect the Marantz to the Pontus, will be digital out be able to transport SACD music as well? If not, is there any other way I can use my pontus for SACD playback as well? The Marantz doesn't seem to have an HDMI out, so I am not sure what my options are.  

Thanks for your help!

dcp20124

Good unit,I would use it as is,I have never had any problem with mine and use it as a in one unit...but the choice is your.

@loomisjohnson Thanks for taking the time to respond. Sounds good, I'll go ahead and order the BJC RCA/BNC cable.  Too bad I can't leverage the pontus for SACD playback. Guess its not the end of the world. I don't have very many SACDs and heard that this marantz does a pretty good job anyway. lets see. thanks again!

a bnc to rca cable (or a bnc to rca adapter + a coax cable) will work from your dac to the marantz (you could also use the optical connection). however because of copyright restrictions sacd won't ouptut through coax or digital, so i believe you'd need to connect the analog rca outs of your marantz to your amp/receiver (which bypasses your pontus dac).