Marantz AV7701

I am experiencing horrible humm issues with my 7701 setup.
7701 is connected via XLR to 5 mono amps. Combination of Bryston and Wyred.
The 7701 when connected creates a humm noise independently of volume. The higher the amp gain and speaker sensitivity the higher the noise. I have a suspicion there is some wrong with grounding or what have you?
All units are powered and grounded via a BELKIN Power Unit.
Any ideas? I am ready to ship the 7701 back but wanted to get your input maybe i'm missing something...
Thx
tsulzbacher

Showing 2 responses by kalbi23

Tsulzbacher, I had same issue with my 7701. In fact, I went through three brand new units and calling tech support as well talking to my retailer. The tech support was not helpful, and said basically they had no idea. I replaced the 7701 with the 8801 and no hum, call support and asked them why, they responded with, the 8801 is a better unit. I never got a clear cut answer, but the 8801 worked fine, and tried the Yamaha CXA5000, and no issues, so stuck with that. My buddy has the 7701 mated with a Marantz amp, no issues. I'm thinking its compatibility issue with the 7701. My amp is a Mac MC205.
I've had the same issue with my 7701, i actually went through 3 brand new units all with same hum. I replaced it with the 8801 with no issues. Called tech support asked them why, and they just said the 8801 is a better unit. My buddy has the 7701 mated with the MM7055 and no issues at all. I believe its a compatibility issue with some of these. I checked all for ground loop and everything came back to the 7701. Called support for all my components and they believe it was the 7701. I went with the Yamaha CXA5000 at the end, cheaper than the 8801 and didnt lose sound quality. For power i have the Mac MC205.