Mains Power Cable DIY

I'd like to DIY a main power supply to my system.
I'd like to do this in two or three stages
1st to build a power cable from the wall to my amp
2nd to build a mians distribution for all the gear

And 3rd: I'm waiting to renovate my condo.
At that time I'll have a primary circuit from the panel to stereo run
If anyone can offer their experience and specific details I'd much appreciate it
Currently I'm running an old "gang box" ....something I made during my construction days. Tonight I took the wall socket apart , cut it back and reconnected everything and there was a fair difference in what I heard.
I'm specifically looking at wire sizes and recommendations for shielding and what it all looks like. TIA. Appreciate your experiences

smaarch1

When discovering PC Triple C Wire, I was to become curious and the first experience had using it was with Cart' Tag Wires.

Enough was detected through the usage as Tag Wires in the SQ to motivate and extend the experience of the Wire in the Vinyl Source Signal Path, which resulted in a Din > RCA - PC Triple C Wire Cable being tried out.

The New Cable was permanently put to use, following with the system being  subjected to PC Triple C Wire being used at most interfaces.   

I am thinking to construct williewonka's Helix power cable. But one question is on my mind:

General question:

Doesn't shielding degrade sound quality? It's needed when it's needed but does that mean always?

Shielded Twisted pair: Can't the shield be used as the ground conductor? Why the need for separate ground conductor?

Been using furutech's unsheilded alpha 3 for amp/conditioner for sometime now...never a problem.. with anything.Looking over venhaus's power cable construction explains some of the need or not.