Magnepan 3.7

Looks nice, link below.

“the 3.7 is a 3-way, full-range ribbon speaker with a very ‘fast’ quasi-ribbon midrange and true ribbon tweeter.”

"The 3.7 is available in new aluminum trim or our traditional wood trims of oak and cherry. Fabric options are off-white, black and dark gray. Suggested list pricing starts at $5495/pair for aluminum or oak versions, or $5895/pair for the dark cherry versions."

Magnepan 3.7
james63
@Pod: Excellent! Thanks. That makes two of you now. LOL.

RE: OP, I've been tweaking out my Maggies, too. Chokes, upgraded resistors, ceramic fuses. Taken individually, they're ... ah ... subtle. Taken as a whole, however, I think the speakers sound more refined. Interesting experiment and given how cheap most of those bits are, recommended.
Like the new 3.7 but would like to add a subwoofer for that 20hz low. Would like to know what's the best sub to go with it.
My Velodyne DD+15 blends perfectly with the 3.7s. A pair of DD+10s would be an even better choice. I bought mine from David Weinhart Designs in California....he's amazing....
I Don't see what all the hype is about the new magnepan speakers, infinity speakers had that technology back in the early 80's, just search for infinity IRS betas the one with 4 12 inch woofers per side and planar mid bass panels, midranges and tweeters with aluminum traces glued to Mylar or the IRS epsilon too for that matter, they were also push/pull designs way back then, their drivers were improved a step further when they replaced the Mylar with kapton in their renaissance speakers and their IRS series speakers omega/sigma/epsilon, so to me the new magnepan technology is not so new at all, it's actually quite old and i'm surprised it took magnepan that long to figure out what infinity knew way back in the day.