Magnepan 3.7's versus 20.1's?

Anybody here had the chance to compare the new Magnepan 3.7s with their longtime flagship 20.1 speakers?
salmonsc
New Tympani, that would be awesome, I might actually open up the strong box for those.
Interesting in knowing that the new Tympani would be available. I am using Tympani IV bass panel with MGIII driven by Threshold S500 for LP and T200 for HP with Bryston 10B STD and CAT SL1 Sig. MK2 in my 6x8 m (2.8m height) room; the sound stage is so big. Image is fantastic.
After having my first MGIII for more than 15 years, I am still enjoying to listen the Magie everyday. Now I have two pairs of MGIII, one pair of 1.6 that need to be fixed for the buzzes due to losing glue. However, the combined Tympani/MGIII system is best matching so far.
I don't like the concept of non bi-amp capability as designed in 3.7. The Magie is believed to sound best with bi-amplification especially the true ribbon is perfectly matched with class A amp. The separated bass panel from mid/tweeter is a good concept. I am still wonder, even the 20.1 would be comparable with the combined Tympani IV/MGIII which I currently use.
S_c123, there's someone on the Planar Asylum who's putting together a system similar to yours, Tympani 1-D bass panels + MG IIIA's. I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear that you've gotten such good results. I'm curious though -- why did you combine the III's with the IV's, which already have a dedicated mid and a ribbon? Are you crossing over lower down for a 4-way, e.g., at 80 or 100 Hz?

I have a pair of IVA's myself, and plan to run them with the mid/tweeter panel separate because of space limitations. But the crossover is higher, about 300 Hz. I'm also planning to replace the midrange of the IVA's with BG Neo-8's, which are push-pull quasi-ribbon planars. Satie on the Planar Asylum has done this with his IV's and says the quality is comparable to the 20.1's.

The 3.7 lost its bi-amp capability because of the new crossover design, which is apparently first order. If it's like the 1.7's, it's also a series crossover. You could of course go inside the speaker . . .
The 20.7 has been given a mini review by JH on the TAS website. Expect an introduction at CES 1/12. For those who suggested it wouldn't happen, it did.