Magnepan 1.6 vs. B&W 805N

I have the 1.6 almost a year now bought it used. Somtimes i get bored with the maggies, im currently using it with a classe 20 pre and adcom 555II or 535 also planning to upgrade to classe 10 amp. I cant get the sound of i want from the maggies and since i'll go for the classe combo i'm thinking to go with the b&w 805N. I find a hard time dealing with dipole w/ my room. Any sugestions?
xtian_lugz

Showing 2 responses by xtian_lugz

Do you guys think classe model ten will do the job for the 1.6? It puts out 250 wpc at 4 I guess... I know bryston 4B ST is good but I need to stretch the budget a bit. I've heard a 1.6 driven by a red dragon monos and it sounds REALLY good! But I cant reach that far... :) the adcom sounds ok on some areas but Im still finding the high end sound I cant get from it.
Thank you everyone for the advise very helpful.. I decided to keep the magnepan I just moved in to a bigger place where the maggies can live as well. I like it better now more room to breathe for the maggies, same gears different room gave my maggies the sound I want.. Im going to a better power amp my next on the list an ARC D240. Have you guys tried using magnepan with high powered T amp monos? around 40w a piece..