Magico vs the world

Everywhere I look I only see people (end users and professional reviewers) raving about magico. Build quality, incredible sound, etc... everyone just loves them, especially the modern series, A3, M series, S series (mk2 variant). It is impressive for sure. But I am curious, what speakers have you heard that you compared to magico that you like as much or maybe even better?
smodtactical

Showing 4 responses by 4425

i’ve never heard a magico speaker but from what i can gather one has to purchase ‘warm’ gear to enjoy them? is this true?
i personally enjoy wilson’s very much and simply want a neutral front end for them. of course who can define neutral? 
my guess is that they are really good. they certainly seem well built as are wilson speakers.
With respect to comparing and judging speakers it’s imperative that comparisons are auditioned in the same environment. You’re just guessing otherwise which is what we do because home speaker trials are rare I think. FWIW
I’ve never heard a Magico but they have great industrial design and I expect they sound good but maybe need somewhat warmish sounding components to make them really sing. I’m just guessing. 
All that said I find my Wilson Yvettes to check all audiophile boxes while being extremely musical. In my room I’m 100% satisfied with the results. There’s no real meaning to my post other than to say that auditioning Magico would seem to me to require a listen to Wilson’s as well. Both are top drawer but I’m thinking quite different. FWIW