Magico Customer service

Is it considered to be good to include second hand speakers? Service provided on out of warranty products says a lot about a company. Thanks for any opinions.

Showing 7 responses by henry201

BOSE are even cheaper, and much bigger than Monitor audio, they as well beat speakers four and five times the price, and when something goes wrong, they send you a whole new product, not just a driver!
creditingkarma, 

I have heard the Rockport many times and even owned a pair way back then. Lovely speakers, but ultimately a bit too ‘soft’ for my preferences.
BTW, the most impressive part of the A5 is the midrange. The bass is excellent, but the midrange is a game-changer.
Interesting that you mention value; you will have to spend $170K with Rockport to get the A5 driver compliment in an aluminum enclosure 😉
Magico M and A series tweeters are proprietary and are not anyone ’modified’ tweeters. This thread has lots of misinformation in it—a pity. There are better forums to explore when it comes to Magico.
@creditingkarma,

I am afraid you are indeed mistaken. Both the M and the A-series tweeters are proprietary. These are different from the S series and have a bigger dome, with and without the diamond coating (28mm vs. 26mm) and two completely different motor systems. The S tweeter is built for Magico by SS (Your Rockport is also using that SS tweeter but with the regular SS dome). I just bought the A5, and they are undeniably incredible and worth all the “overhyped” surrounding them. I can only assume you have not heard them set up properly if you missed that.

creditingkarma,
It not about how "dead" the cabinet feels, it’s about how stiff it is while not ringing. All Rockport enclosures, up to the Lyra, are not rigid enough. That is why they sound soft. The Lyra enclosure is indeed impressive, but the value proposition is poor. I get 95% of what it offers in the A5.
creditingkarma,
You can beg to differ with science and facts (it is a popular trend lately ☹), but aluminum is still stiffer then MDF no matter how you feel about it 😉
Agree with you on preferences to each is own (but facts are still facts).