maggie SMG sounds dead

I have been reunited with a pair of these that I owned a few years ago. They had been in storage since. I hooked them up to a hovland saphire and both speakers sound as if they are missing a lot of the sound i remember. Not much high freq at all. I stripped sock off one of them but there is nothing obvious wrong. All hints and ideas welcome
willsandbills
Finally got a few spare minutes, so removed fuses and absolutely no difference, stripped off one cover and everything seems in mint condition, so breaks obvious.Seems odd that both HF panels are dead. I dont suppose the capacitors would blow ??? Is it a lost cause ??
While the cover are off; Make certain the fuses are good, take an ohmmeter, and touch either probe to the negative speaker terminal, and the other probe to the capacitor lead on the HF panel side. If you have a reading there(around 6 Ohms and perhaps an audible response); the HF panel is good. If the panels and fuses are good; it could well be the electrolytics went bad somehow. Where are you located?
The change that the capacitors are gone is almost zero. Do you have some coloratians? Try to wipe the tweetersection with your fingers. I am sure that you find wire(-s) has/have broken. Need manufacturer support or buy a tweeterkit from Magnepan. (Replacing the original caps with polypropylene does miracles! )
You need to use an ohm meter to verify the tweeter wires have not broken. You sometimes can't see the breaks. Rotting tweeter wires is a common failure, with the old ones.