MA9000 VS MA8900

Hello,
This is one of my first post here, I am readying up for a Amp upgrade, I currently use the Wyred4sound Mpre & Mamps to a Kef Reference 1.
Great & very underrated Amps those tiny Ice amps, the bass control these have are incredible for the price.
Now I am bitten by the upgrade bug, and have put up the Wyred Amps for sale.

I have auditioned quite a few Amps including the Accuphase E650, the T+A HV3100, Gryphon Diablo etc., & the Mcintoshes, I thought all of them were every good.
The stand out was the T+A, I really think it is the best integrated available right now, but it is way outside my budget for now.

I am now seriously considering the MA8900, I really liked the sound I heard at the brief audition., as a bonus it comes packed in with a DAC & a very good phono.
Can anyone who owns it comment on their experience.
Can someone also comment on the difference in sound with the MA900.
mavvrik

Showing 2 responses by caphill

I've heard great things about Pass integrated amps or their amps in general. I've never heard any Pass gears before as we do not have any Pass dealer in my area but I'll be psyched to be able to hear one some day.

I would also highly consider the following integrated amps : 
* Audio Research Foundation integrated.
* Naim Unity Nova (streamer / DAC / integrated amp all in one chassis). 
* Devialet (any models according to your budget). Naim also makes a pure analog integrated amp some at much higher price points than the Unity Nova.
* Classe Sigma 2200i stereo integrated amp. This integrated amp will digitize its analog inputs. It is a direct digital amplifier. No DAC. 
* Rega Osiris integrated amp. 

Mavvrik, 
It all comes down to system synergy after all. You will need to demo different integrated amps with your speakers in your own listening room if you can take home demo that would be ideal, and go from there. Pick the one you think sounds best on your speakers. 

Re: Naim Unity, the Unity Nova is a step up sonically from the Unity Star. The Nova is Naim's top of line model in its Unity series. 
Speaking of Naim, I had a chance to hear the Naim Statement gears at my local dealer earlier this year. Naim Sttement consists of a linestage analog stereo preamp and monoblock amps. They retail for $270k. $90k for the preamp and $180k for the monoblock amps.
They sounded absolutely phenomenal. The best sounding gears I've ever heard. They were paired with the Wilson Audio Alexx speakers and those DCS Vivaldi full four stacks (Vivaldi master clock, Vivaldi upsampler, Vivaldi DAC, Vivaldi CD/SACD transport served as digital front end source components.

Audio Research Foundation series is entry level offerings from Audio Research. They are wonderful sounding gears.