MA2275 Issue need some advice

Looking for some advice. McIntosh MA2275 integrated and the left channel sounds dirty, at higher volumes the bass sounds staticy and broken, almost like a blown speaker. Using B&W 805D's, swapping the speakers the problem is still there but on the other speaker so its coming from the amp and not the speaker. Do the tubes need replacing?
g5flier

Showing 9 responses by g5flier

Thanks everyone for the replies, will change the tubes around and see if I can isolate the problem. For the fuses, I'd think they would work or not work (blown). Is there something to look for in particular? This is my first tube source, but in general how do you know that the tubes need to be replaced? Thanks!
OK changed the tubes from right to left and still having an issue on the left channel. Does anyone know if the MA2275 shares any of the tubes?
Lapierre, checked the cables and the interconnects, even removed them and connected with bare wire still having the problem. You said to check the fuse before, wouldn't the fuse either work or not work? Their is only one fuse so wouldn't that effect both channels? It's a slo-blo type fuse.
Hifihvn - wow thank you so much for looking over the schematic and comments!!! I'm only using the CD input, not phono at this time. I did swap CD and CD2 but same result.
Hifihvn, again thank you! So given what you have found out what do you think is the next step? Should the tubes be replaced? Something else? Thank you!
JLind...Done everything and every combination including moving the Mac to my other system...doing the same thing, its the left channel of the Mac so heading to the Doctor in the morning for 3 weeks of therapy. What really irritates me is I just bought it from someone on AudiogoN as a 9/10 in perfect mint condition. It was doing this the moment I hooked it up and he is pleading the fifth.
Kbell...thanks for the input about the fuses on the power tube board, the channel with the distortion problem is actually louder than the channel that works well.
A big thank you to everyone that replied to the thread, many great ideas! The 2275 is heading to the doctor in the morning.
The MA2275 came back from the Dr today with a clean bill of health...blown resister on the left channel was the problem. Thank you again for all the advise, everyone was really awesome and a big help.