Lyngdorf 3400 flexibility vs 1120

• The 1120 might meet my needs today. The 3400 has more power and flexibility to adapt to.my future needs

To own for the long term. It might make more sense to pony up the extra money?

I owned high resolution gear certainly 25 years ago.

I sold my home with a large treated long term listening room. I am renting and will move again. Today dynaudio special 40 or evoke 20 are my likely speaker of choice.

I have a strong desire to fully jump into the digital age.

These stand mounts long term may become a second system or may end up as the primary with subwoofer(s) in the future.

Apartment living means headphones are important. I also cannot regularly listen at higher volumes. 

Lyngdirf 1120 will be a royal pain to use with both subwoofer(s) and a decent headphone Amp. Only one set of rca's out. Headphone should not include room perfect.

Would lyngdorf owners share their experience as real home demos are difficult. 

I have questions like:

1120: headphone and subwoofer; line splitter and changing the room perfect configuration. Is there a practical easy solution.tobuse both subs and headphone and be able to switch back and forth easily?

3400  quality of the headphone amp/output.    Is the option analog in a worthwhile up grade for lp"s or a future dac upgrade years fromr now.

Is the upgrade easy to obtain in the future?

I am a bit lost going back and forth. I tried calling Denmark for help

I only found one usa dealer who would make  any real effort to offer guidance.

In Miami. the dealers install complex upper end home systems and have no demos and have no interest in two channel.

Please comment and help me figure out what to do. I am leaning towards the 3400.

Bob in Miami 

Ag insider logo xs@2xbob52r

Thanks to the recommendation of another member here, i bought a TDA-1120 and I really love the unit. It sounds really nice and the Room Perfect is amazingly good. Reduced boom in the bass and allowed the music to sound much clearer, I feel like there is just more music coming through and my room is affecting it less.

Brownsfan

I may have created confusion

1. I moved from my house with the large treated room.

I sold near the top.

I am temporarily in a rental apartment.  I will.move into a different apartment or townhouse which I will buy when the housing market corrects 

I will not likely have s great treated room

In the future. So room correction is important. 

I want 2 Chanel thru speakers. There will be limitations the volume I can use...without driving my neighbors crazy. 

I must havheadphones.

2170 today? Does in make sense asbit is older and it appears that the software for the 2170 may not be updated nor supported in the future.

Days that are over 5 years old are generally not a wise choice. The lyngdirf systems are generally better than most dac in a corresponding price class.

The 2170 dac? Your current thoughts.

The 3400 is above my budget. But maybe it is worth expending myself???

Brownsfan.       Your thoughts?

The3400 is outside of my buget

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy once for more money than to buy and sell a number of times. I could adapt a 2170 by going digital out to a dac and headphone amp....thinking chord hugo2??

Have a roon external core and endpoint?

Post removed