Luxman PD-171 turntable

This is the new-ish turntable by Luxman. Has anyone heard one or own one? Is it any good? Thanks.
dave_72

Showing 4 responses by fjn04

This is IMO, what a TT should look like. I lust after it for it's looks, but would have to hear it. I am no expert, but doesn't Jelco make arms for other larger companies. There is another pretty expensive German table that uses it, but the name escapes me. It's the table Axiss Audio imports. Dark Star is the model.
As I understand it, the PD-171 can be ordered with a Graham, and also a Triplanar that is specific to the PD-171. I believe it is a less expensive version. The third option is a Jelco SA-750. I was under the impression the stock arm was always a version of the Jelco 250 arm, so the SA750 should be a n upgrade. I will be double checking on the Jelco info....
Dave_72, Did you catch what arm was on the table philip brought over? By the photos, it appeared to be a Jelco. Like I mentioned, the Jelco SA750 is now available. I'm actually not sure if the standard arm they have had all along is a Jelco 250 or 750. I will shoot Philip an e-mail to clarify if the Jelco SA750 is in fact a higher model than the standard arm they had been offering. Cheers -Don
Heard back from On a Higher Note. The Jelco that's been standard on the PD171 from the get go is the SA-250. They now have arm board options with the newer version that will allow more choices. This includes the Jelco SA-750.
I also asked if the SA-750 was a 9 or 10" arm. They are checking with Luxman on that. I will be listening to another table next week, but for some reason, I want to end up w/ the Luxman. So far the reviews and the looks have me on the hook (-: