Luxman PD 151 mk 1 or Feickert Volare

Price range is $3500-$4500, new or used. I'm considering a (likely used) Luxman pd 151 MARK 1 w/ the standard Jelco (250?) Arm or the Feickert Volare w/std Origin silver arm. If there was a dark horse 3rd option, it's a Kuzma (Pipe Bomb) Stabi S with a Jelco 250 or the like. I think all of the tables are very competent platforms so I think the Tonearm may be the deciding factor. I could see myself going with a Kuzma gimballed arm down the road, so future flexibility is important. As far as arm adjustments, the Jelco would have the edge because I could change the head shell out to another brand that would allow Azimuth adjustment. Beyond that the OL Silver and Jelco both allow VTA and anti-skate....This is a 2nd table for a second system...I want things to be simple and user friendly...sort of like how Technics users describe their experience of owning the 1500 or 1200G/GR. 

fjn04

Showing 1 response by boothroyd

In stock form, the Luxman should provide better isolation (with all its Hanenite bits) and may well prove easier to live with while exhibiting sublime performance.

Christian Feickert used to be a big user/reseller of Jelco when they were available, so nothing wrong there.

https://galibierdesign.com/hot-rod-jelco-part-2/