Luxman M-10X Stereo vs. Mono or C900U

Anyone with the M10X can quantify the difference in stereo mode vs. monoral  mode? 
I currently have a Lumin T2 which I can use to connect directly to M-10X and use it as a preamp. The speakers are Kef Blade One Meta.  Is it better to put the money toward a second M-10X and run them in mono than getting a proper preamp C900U? 

thisisme

Showing 3 responses by audiomanpr

Hi All,

Just to give an update on the ordered Luxman C10x and my personal opinion. I received the new C10x 4 days ago so it have around 100 hrs of continuous use. To be honest, I was expecting an small improvement over the C900u but like thisisme said, I was wrong too. The improvement over the old preamplifier can be easily hear. Improvement can be summed up as much more resolution and dynamics. Therefore, it added better bass resolution/impact, better high frequency resolution, better instruments and voices resonance. Is like connecting my Vivaldi Apex dac directly to the M10x but with a good touches of organic and reality.

I am planning to move up in Wilson Audion speakers series so definitely I also seeing a second M10x in a near future even if it could add 5 to 10% improvements by running them in mono configuration.

Hi thisisme,

You have lived with the C10x for a while. Do you can verbalize the difference vs the C900u? It is am improvement over the old model? I will appreciate your impressions on this new pre. At least, I hear improvements, all around and in the right direction, when I replaced my M900u with the M10x. That was after living with the M900u for 2 years. I just wondering how good the C10x is. Thanks

Hi thisisme,
I really appreciate your time for sharing your thoughts about the C10x. Your description matches with expected results when a preamp design reduce noise and original signal looses. I assume that acoustic instruments also sound more real with better tone, presence and resolution.

My C10x in on it way to my home. I will share my thoughts as well, after some weeks of audition. I have been using the C900u / M10x for more than one year so I will also detect if the system move to the correct direction or not.

Best regards