LUXMAN C-900U Question

Guys, got one for home audition, but the remote is dead. I put a new batteries, still doesn’t work.

Is there something that I should activate for the remote? The dealership is closed today, so can’t call them.

Thanks.

128x128hasmarto

What happened? New from dealer correct?

My used Cayin came with a remote that several buttons worked, a few didn't.

I took it to Steve at VAS (former Cayin distributor), he was able to get everything working.

Hi there, it’s a store demo, they simply gave me wrong remote, honest mistake, but still I can’t test a couple of features that are only on the remote.

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds pretty good, very transparent and neutral, although I hear a hint of sterility with all my power amps.

@hasmarto I've owned my C-900u for a couple of years now and have not heard any "sterility". As you have stated, it is neutral so what you are hearing could be attributed to your upstream components.

My amp pairings have include a Sugden FBA-800 and currently a SPL Performer S1200. My upstream components are tube based.

Hi folks,

I’ve decided to get the Accuphase, and just a few hours ago received the Accuphase C-2150 preamp without auditioning. It took about two months, but worth a wait. To me it’s better than Luxman-c900u, and the “sterility in sound” is a Luxman thing, Accuphase doesn’t have that, very smooth, addictive sound. Tried with my BAT tube and solid state amps, also Audio Analogue Donizetti Anniversary power amp, with Nordost Heimdall 2 interconnects and Acoustic Zen Gargantua II power cords. In a couple of days I think it will sound better.

Surely, whatever I said about its sound is just my opinion, nothing more, and I don’t pretend to be some “golden ear” person, so if somebody gets excited, please do not start playing arguing card, to each his own.

I have the picture in my system page.