LSA 20 Statement Speakers

I may purchase a pair of LSA 20 Statement Speakers......
Using my Pass Labs 250.8 Amp, their XP-12 Preamp and XP-17 phono stage
I’m spinning a VPI Classic Turntable with a MIMC Soundsmith cartridge, will these Speakers create a memorable musical experience for years to come?
Esthetically, including their size, they 
work for me and my space.  I actually 
love their appearance. From what I’ve found, their products are created with experienced and knowledgeable guidance. 
My first attempt at an Audiogon post,
I appreciate your input. 

128x128mbennes

Showing 1 response by larryj123

I have three sets of LSA speakers. Original bookshelf .5, upgraded crossover bookshelf 1's and original LSA 1 towers. The LSA 1 bookshelf speakers and the towers can both be bi-amped. I was using an older Music Hall Maven with the LSA 1 bookshelf bi-amped. I thought this sounded good but something was missing. I found a NAD M2 locally. I am using the NAD M2 to bi-amp the LSA 1 bookshelf speakers. The bi-amping brings out the midrange of the speakers. Vocals are clearer. Instruments you think may be in the song are now clearly heard. The Music Hall was good but the NAD M2 is light years better. The NAD M2 is not a fair comparison to the Music Hall. 
The LSA 1 bookshelf are still bookshelf speakers.  Bass is there but not extended.  The towers have the same tweeters with the additional midrange.  The Towers are front ported.  The towers and the bookshelf sound similar in the midrange and tweeters.  The difference is the bass.  The bass can be overwhelming depending on the material.  The towers showed me how much is missing from any bookshelf speaker.
As far as if you are going to like LSA speakers I cannot tell you. I think it depends on the type of music you listen to. I listen to a variety of music that the LSA produces very well with the NAD M2 driving them.  Comparing Harbeth to LSA is again not an honest comparison.  The LSA 1 bookshelf is only rated for about 100 watts.  The NAD M2 brings out the best in these speakers.  Of course YMMV.