LSA-1 ??

Can anyone provide some feedback on the LSA-1 speakers? The reviews that I can find online seem to indicate that they are high quality with excellent sound reproduction and well worth the $1500 asking price. The reviews are however somewhat old and I see that they are now being sold direct for around $700. Are these the same speakers or has the quality been downgraded in order to obtain the lower price?

I'm thinking of using these as mains together with a Rythmic LVR12 sub. Would this setup work well in a medium to large listening room?

needspeakers
I had a set of these with the Center and Surrounds for a small HT some years ago and they were ok.  They sound fine for their price point IMHO.  I was especially impressed with their build quality for that price.

Underwood Wally sells these online for LSA now.  Walter is a nice guy and great to do business with, highly recommended seller I've bought from myself.  

These are quite good for the price. That doesn't mean they're not good compared with other speakers, just that they sound fantastic for what you pay. Wally could charge twice as much based on their sound.

Like many LSA owners - I'm biased: I own two pair of the original LSA 1s and a pair of the original LSA 2 Signatures and love them. I've never been willing (or able) to spend what some 'High-End' speakers sell for these days but over the years have owned some good versions of B&W, Mission, JBL, Totem, Mirage, Boston Acoustics, RSL, Canton, Energy, and others. The LSAs are my favorites, with the Totem being my second favorite.

When Underwood bought LSA he sold off the remaining original stock at bargain prices and introduced some new designs (which I've not heard - but reportedly are of good quality). This served to undermine the resale value of the original designs, so if you are lucky enough to own the originals, IMHO you will have to spend a lot more than the originals cost foe anything close to the quality of the originals.