LP Label help.

I am in the process of building a Jazz collection. I have been looking around various shops in the Bay Area to see what is available. My question is, is there a particular label or re-issue that I should look for or stay away from? For example, Miles Davis (Kind of Blue) is at the local shop for $11 on a Columbia 180 gram re-rissue. It is also on ebay on Classic Records for $89. Can anyone point me to a source for information of provide me with general guidelines. I am willing to pay a premium for better LP's, but without paying $100 per, what should I look for. Thanks for any help.
bobkirs

Showing 1 response by shawnisjazzy7691

hi there
even the lower priced Columbia re-issue on vinyl is an excellent sounding record. The truth is that with fabulous soundstaging records like Kind of Blue, Waltz for Debbie, etc., you will get fabulous sonics from any clean pressing. However, if you don't mind spending the $$$, the high priced spread is usually like upgrading to a better cartridge or cable upgrade. However, you could buy all classic Miles Davis vinyl on the inexpensive Columbia pressings for the price of one EBay purchase

have fun

Shawn