LP cleaning experience

so, I thought I would share what , to me, was an interesting LP cleaning experience.  I finally received my UHQR copy of "Kind of Blue"....I did my usual SPIN CLEAN w TERGICLEAN/water, then rinse with distilled water....the LP is wonderful, and surface dead quite, but, to my dismay there was 1 really bad POP on each side....i was very upset, especially at that $$$ , not wishing to go through the hassle of complaining, returning, etc...SO I did the following, different than my usual....I laid the LP flat  on a lint free cloth, used the same TERGICLEAN/water solution as usual, but hand rubbed around the LP several times and let the solution sit for a few minutes, thinking maybe I had a chance to "float" whatever was in the groove out....my usual technique had been to immediately rinse after Spin Clean....WELL, I am glad to say the bad POPS DISAPPEARED!!!!  I guess it is possible that the first play loosened the crap in the groove, but I am thinking that letting the surfactant sit for a while had to help....anyway, I am pleased and thought I would share....
128x128jw944ts

Showing 1 response by jw944ts