Looks like PS Audio has a hit on their hands with the new speaker

I know that many here may not take the PS Audio FR30 seriously as a speaker.

I totally get that (as no one has even heard it) however based on the designer and 

goals, years of development, I was very optimistic.  Plus I knew the speaker would work well with my BHK300 amps.  Not that I’m in the market for speakers, but wish I was. 

Here’s the first owner report, who previously had Maggies.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/fr-30-in-da-house/27902/18

Would love to hear these for myself, as I’m a sucker for new driver designs.

Anyone who has heard these, please post your impressions.

Would love to hear them in the New York tri state area or south Florida.  

emailists

PS does have a good trade-in program, but they cap it at about 25% of the purchase, while their big dealers used to reduce prices by 40% - 45%...so in essence their prices went up significantly...and the trade in is mostly a convenience. as you could sell it yourself...but I do love their DAC and Transport...and I find their customer support to be excellent...

yoyoyaya, about that rounded bottom design, I wondered if they come with a plumb-bob to verify they are set up vertically.  ;^)

Seriously, it looks very awkward to me.  I agree that round surfaces belong at the top if utilized.

And no, I've not heard them.  Nor would I put much credibility on hearing them at a show -- only generalized impressions.  I've attended audio shows over more than 20 years and seldom heard a demo that I felt comfortably represented the in-home sonics of a system.

But I'm not in the market for $28K speakers, so none of my opinion matters.

I inquired about the FR30's being at AXPONA in an email to PS Audio last week. Sadly, they will not be there. I am on the waiting list for a pair, after waiting a year for Salon2's. Evidently Revel/Harmon/Samsung cannot tear their attention away from cell phones and low-fi long enough to figure out whether the Salons are discontinued or worth marketing anymore. They certainly couldn't be bothered to let me know while I waited for them to not arrive after 5 missed shipping target dates. Anyway, Paul McGowan has worked closely with Arnie Nudell at Genesis, and Nudell was helping design a PS Audio speaker with Paul before his death in 2017. I ordered the FR30's after using other PS Audio products and because of their excellent customer service. A home audition will be important, as well as the ability to return them, shipping paid by PS Audio, if they are not for me. The initial home install videos seem promising.