Looking for the good sounding Pre Amplifier

HI to everyone,
Asking for the advice. This is the third time that I am asking for the advice under different title.
As soon as people read "need quality pre amp for the NAD C275" they just simple ignore title
since the NAD is not "audiophile" amplifier. To me the NAD C275 sound great (maybe it's just me)
but I like the sound. Great dynamics, details, excellent details (CD connected directly to the Amp., but I can't control the volume). Tried with the NAD C165 and Parasound P5 but the sound was congested, no details and one dimensional sound.
Now I am looking for the tube or SS pre amplifier with the great details and clarity.
I was suggested Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE but I need the pre amp. with the REC Out.
I can use either 10 k Ohms fixed input or 100 k Ohms variable input.
I will be using Cardas Clear Light Interconnects.
My budget is $3000.00.
Thank you in advance.

topten
Helo Topten(Nad C275)

The info I gave you was general to all. This is for your amp.
I just looked up the input Z of your amp and saw that it is listed as 100k. This is high for a SS. When you buy a volume control to test it you will need to get a 100k pot. I do not have the schematic but I will bet that it has a 100k resistor as the input Z. You can replace it with a volume control of that value as long as the pot is a constant 100k no mater what the position. Not all do. If you are not good with a soldering iron you should take it in to your local repair shop and have them do it for you. You can drill a hole in the top plate that the pot will fit in. Run wires from the pot to board and control the volume with the pot. You will ad the sound of the pot you choose. You could also buy a gold point without resistors and choose your own. Use the type of control that only has one resistor in series with the amp. Good Luck! Happy Listening!  My Best

Buy a NAD M51 DAC - it functions like pre with volume control, stereophile class A rated (if that matters to you), under your 3k amount and if you ever upgrade it will be a good digital founation. 
Good choice! Sorry. I thought you were trying to keep the sound as clean and pure as possible. Happy Listening.
Unfortunately a passive Pre amp. didn't work. Lost dynamics.
I have opportunity to get Rogue Perseus (not Magnum version) for the good
price. Nice dynamics but the high are kind of rolled off. Would upgrade to
Magnum version cure the problem. In your opinion what other tubes would
extend the highs.
CAT SL-1 or newer, Reference is lacking in bass in my opinion. Symphonic Line " good luck finding one used". Simaudio is great Solid state... just sounds right.