Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b

Delta Bravo, while your flight plan is sound, you need to adjust your angle of descent. The Cornwalls "are in another league completely than the JBL 4429s?" 

Really?

Sorry man, I'm not buying what you're selling. I think it's great that you're deliriously happy (for now) with the Cornwalls but you proclaimed that you were deliriously happy when you bought your "endgame" JBLs too.

Personally I like both speakers but would reverse the order of preference. 

Hey, I hope you've found your "final pair." But given your fickle history, I don't believe for one moment that you have.

So I’m now Delta Bravo?  How very...military of you 😅. The 4429’s were a revelation for me in what a horn based box speaker could deliver.  The B&W’s were a last gasp at the crazy high end neurotica segment of audio dreams...but where the Cornwall’s better the JBL’s are in terms of scale, clarity and wide deep soundstaging. They are just more alive and present sounding!  Both are highly recommended 👍
Just getting caught up on your thread. A big congrats to you!I'm glad they are making incredible music for you.
@jtcf  Thanks!  I love the old school retro vibe look, smell and feel as much as the sound.  It’s really difficult to get full bodied dynamic sound with low distortion and great clarity in a speaker system these days.  Soundstage is huge, which was a big surprise to me, given that they are large boxes.  In an imperfect world, the Cornwall’s can offer a sweet warm embrace for my audio soul whenever I need it...and I need it a lot!