Looking for input on Legacy Audio speakers purchase.

I have a pair of McIntosh MC611 Mono blocks and I'm considering 2 different setups. 
1. Purchase a McIntosh C2700 Preamp and Legacy Focus SE speakers.
2. Purchase a Wavelet with Aeris speakers.
I have a VPI Scout turntable and a Primare NP5 Prisma streamer using JRiver. I may someday add a PrePro for surround with the C2700 or the Wavelet in bypass mode for music.

wgapel
I recently purchased a c2700 and mc462.  It wasn’t my original plan, but I am thrilled with the combo so far.  It’s not the old McIntosh sound for sure,  Its detailed and yet still smooth and not harsh.  Really really good.

I am a fan of both legacy speakers you mention also.  There is a very good chance if I didn’t have my Salk SS 12s, I would have the focus SE.  
I think it would be a great combo with the 2700.

The Aeris and wavelet will also be great.

I will say the DAC2 in the 2700 is fantastic.  

I think you have to think about if you want processing and room correction via your 2 channel pre amp or not.  The 2700 has more detail than many tube preamps I have heard, which is great yet does add some body and creates a big soundstage.  I love it.

The wavelet is with room correction is likely to be a bit more precise.  Though the  Aeris speakers do sound big.

the c2700... well no debating it looks great!
Problem is can't demo the Focus SE or Aeris in my room (local dealer said no). The reason I bring up the size of my room (15x21) is because I had Martin Logan Summits that worked great in my room. I then went with the CLX and in a minute I realized that they needed a larger room to breathe. Since the Aeris is a different design implementing an open baffle I would think they need a larger room than the Focus SE to breathe.
Anyway, the reason I started this post is to get peoples thoughts on using my McIntosh MC611 amps with Focus Se and McIntosh C2700 preamp vs. Aeris with Wavelet preamp. The size of my room should also be a consideration for anyone's thoughts on the 2 setups I'm considering which I originally forgot to mention in my post.
I believe your room is too small for the Aeris and probably too small for the Focus SE. I think the Signature SE would be ideal.
15 x 21 isn't tiny by any means.  Plus, you have those 611's on tap.

I think unless it's absurd, the whole "too big for the room" thing is overblown.  Heck, if it's a room in the basement, or carpet and padding over a concrete foundation (like many including mine), sometimes a bigger speaker even helps.  I don't like running subs with my 2 channel, and I want the speakers to move some air.

I don't think either of the Legacy Speakers is too big for your room.  Heck, if it's the Aeris and Wavelet, room correction will fix (potentially) some of the errors.

Personally, and freely admitting it is in part due to my fondness for the C2700 that I just picked up - I think the Focus SE and C2700 would be a blast.  

Screw the room size thing.  I have Salk SS12's with a MC462 in a 13 x 17 room.  The SS12's are no delicate flower and can move some air and play down low.  Love them.

I run bass traps in the rear corners, absorbers at the 1st and 2nd reflection points and the room is a finished basement (so concrete with carpet and padding).

Sounds fantastic.  (I really do like the C2700 and the internal DAC.  I was frankly a little concerned but now after a week it's just awesome).

You can't go wrong with your choice.  No substitute for displacement.  You may not want it all the time, but it's fun as heck when you want it.