Looking for good recordings of female vocals I have not yet tried...

Most of my listeing is female vocals and classic Jazz.  I have enjoyed current and older female singers.  I have most of Billie Holiday through current Diana Krall and Julia Fordham.  I enjoy good voices mainly acoustic.  It would be helpful if it is music I can sample online.  If the backing is mainly loud elctronic I would likely pass.  Thanks for your thoughts and experience. 

jusam

Some great suggestions here, some I'd like to explore. Looking at Amazon though, I am just astonished how second hand prices are rising. Many of the CDs I looked at are over £30 each. That's too much for me to pay to explore a new artist. Yes I know, I should be on Tidal or Spotify, but I have so much music I don't want to spend all my time exploring new discs.

A few suggestions:   Kate Rusby

Cara Dillon,  both great folksingers, largely in the genre of traditional English folk.

Jonatha Brooke,   an underrated American singer songwriter. I saw her in a UK concert having never heard her. It was one of the best I ever went to.

Shawn Colvin, of course

Sara K, "Waterfalls" on Sockfisch is one of the best recorded CDs I have, beautiful music.

The best female vocalist I have heard in the last 20 years Cécile McLorin Salvant!
The best album is her Album Womanchild 

The best female vocalist I have heard in the last 20 years  Cécile McLorin Salvant! Her best album Womanchild