Looking for good quality vintage speakers

Anyone know anything about DCM KX-10s...I keep looking on craigslist for some old vintage speakers...I just don't know what to get...there's so many on there.

**CASEY**
brothercasad
I disagree with most of the posters. There are a few vintage speakers that can, from a musical standpoint, best many of todays high price offerings. The Large Advents come to mind as one. As for repairs, several foam kits are available with simple instructions on how to maintain the voice coil alignment.
Check Ebay, or better yet, visit a few garge sales. You might get lucky.
Good luck.
CASEY-

I'm willing to help out an ambitious college kid. Toward that end, I can offer you a three piece set-up from Cambridge Soundworks called the Ensemble Two. These landed in my lap as the result of a local trade some years ago and I don't know much about them. They are probably a similar vintage to your Denon.

There are a pair of satellite speakers which are desk size and a relatively small ported subwoofer which can be stashed just about anywhere in the store. Probably a good set-up for your purposes. You can have them for the price of shipping.

So that's the only thing about the deal that might not be so good. If you are in the U.S. it's probably a great gift. If you are writing from South Africa or Denmark or Brazil, I doubt if they are worth shipping and I'd rather not be bothered.

If in U.S. send me your zip code and I'll shoot you a shipping estimate.

Meanwhile, if anybody knows these speakers and thinks they are crap, feel free to say so. It won't hurt my feelings.
I'd suggest looking for some ADS 1590s
these speakers are sealed acoustic suspensions. They are about 20 years old. They housed 2 - 10" bass drivers in each channel with soft dome midraange and tweeter. They sound very good and are a bargain at today's prices.
agree with squirrel....lots of great neutral vintage speakers out there...
Snell Type K would be a good match and easy to find on Ebay around $200.
I agree with the Advent recomendation as well, although they may be a little large for your room.