Looking for cable recommendations for sennheiser HD800s

After auditioning many different headphones at Axpona, I purchased Sennheiser HD800s. I have begun listening and am happy with my decision.  

But when auditioning at Axpona, I recall none of the booths used the stock cables- everyone was using an upgraded replacement cable.  And as I was focused on the ‘phones, I didn’t really pay much attention to the brands, types, styles of cables.   I do recall Kimber, Cardas and Moon were there, but did not seriously retain any impressions.  And I know from experience with my home rig that cables can make a big improvement.

So I am looking for recommendations for which cables I should consider for my HD800s.  I could spend up to $1000, but would sure like to be in the $500 range.  And used would be fine with me, especially if you know a source for used headphone cables as they are a rare commodity on Audiogon. Thanks.

meiatflask

Just as with home rigs, personal taste and system synergy come into play in HeadFi systems as well.  What improvements/sound characteristics are you looking for?

@soix - detail and soundstage. Acoustic folk/rock/jazz. Not interested in bass. I have Maggies at home driven by tubes. 

If you have a headphone amp with balanced output, a balanced cable may be the best upgrade. A clear improvement in my Senn 600, and other h-phones too.

@o_holter - I do have balanced Headphone amp, and am using the balanced stock cables that came with the HD800s