looking for an integrated amp in the $1500 range

I need to downsize and will be selling my Aragon 4004 MKII and AVA Fet Valve Hybrid SL Preamplifier with Silver Face Plate and MM Phono.

The rest of system is Burchardt s 400 m1’s, Marantz TT 15s1, Rega M3 MM phono amp, Gustard x16 DAC. Wiim pro streamer. Sounds great mid to high level volume. Lower volume not so much so I want that quality at lower volume if possible. I’m considering Schitt RAGNAROK basic model or Rogue Sphinx 3. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these or other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

andrake
Post removed 

High efficiency equals good listening at low levels minimum of 92 for low-level listening.

The Buchardt are great-sounding speakers. IMO they work nice at medium to high listening levels. Surprisingly they can sound very good in large rooms.

OP,

Agree with what some have said, higher efficiency speakers might help. That said the Buchardt S400 MK1 already has a "mid bass hump" that works well, but takes some guts to get that passive radiator cooking. I'd suggest sending Mads Buchardt an email to ask his opinion info@buchardtaudio.com

I had the S400 mk II speakers, which are rated at 87 dB, in my bedroom. During low-level listening sessions at around 45 dB at night, I found that, with well-recorded music, I could discern articulated bass notes and open, airy treble without any difficulty. To maximize my listening enjoyment, I would activate the preset EQ in Foobar2000, adjusting the SPL to match a spectrum of multiband frequencies according to F-M-based equalized loudness curves (as described below). It’s important to note that if the resulting dB levels at certain frequencies approach the distortion threshold, it’s advisable to lower the entire spectrum of dB levels by the same amount.