Looking for an acoustic guitar recording..

I would love to find an excellent recording of acoustic guitar. I'm looking for one that is more towards the genre of pop/rock or country than towards classical. Something upbeat would be great. I don't mind if there are vocals, but my main focus hear is on acoustic guitar. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
s7horton
i love doc watson, especially on recordings when you get some verbal interaction between cuts. the first "will the circle be unbroken" comes to mind. sounds like such a cool guy.
Some "seconds" and some new ones. Seconds for Hot Tuna, Jerry Garcia & David Grisman (together), and Friday Night in San Fran. NEW - Jonas Hellborg, Bill Frisell. Hellborg plays bass, but he has a couple all-acoustic albums (with guitar and drums) that are incredible. Look for Octave of the Holy Innocents, and Zenhouse. Octave features Michael Shrieve (of Santana fame) and Buckethead (from Praxis, GnR for five minutes, and now with Les Claypool). Bill Frisell is a jazz guitarist who is amazingly versatile. Try Nashville and Ghost Town for acoustics. Also recommended - Good Dog, Happy Man. Hope this helps, & Enjoy!
Check out The Pentangle. It's a quintet from the 70s led by John Renbourn and Bert Jansch both incredible acoustic players. It includes a great female vocalist (Jacqui McShee), stand up bass,and drummer.
I suggest starting with "Sweet Child" - it's a double cd, part live recording. "Cruel Sister" is also good. "Basket of Light" too. The recordings are all excellent.