Looking for a true upgrade in sound quality

I currently stream Qobuz and Tidal through my Lumin T2. I have had this about 4 years. I have AT&T fiber optic internet to the house the ethernet cable direct to the Lumin. About 30' of cable from the router to the device. I was thinking of using the Lumin only as a streamer and adding a conceivably better DAC. Is this a legit way to go about a more resolving sound. To my ears there is a slight veil over everything and maybe a little etched overall, bass response is great. I was also hoping for a recommendation for the DAC if this is a good option. $6,000 budget new or used is fine. I have had very good luck with used equipment over the years. Thanks, Allen.

backwash

We were a Lumin dealer for many years the t2was never veiled it does benefit from footers the critical mass Centerstages work wonders also are you using convert to dsd or pcm in the Lumin menu?

also the t2 is a decent but not great streamer

dave and Troy

audio intellect NJ

former Lumin dealers

I recently added the SmoothLan and was pleasantly surprised. Also although there it took a few days to process my order (they are busy), shipping from the UK to Cali was 3 days.

btw I tried the IFi filter and send it back. 

If you are serious about streaming, I would consider investing in Ansuz Acoustics Power switches. I tried first Silent Angel Bonn N8 and English Electric 8Switch switches (with Supra CAT 8+ ETHERNET cables) and while the improvement was there it was marginal. And then I got Ansuz PowerSwitch A2 and Oh My God! The difference in sound quality was just shocking! I stream music in four different places and in each case, it was like replacing a sound system with a much better one. Even the cheapo system in my exercise room sounded perfectly musical and satisfying. If I were to start again, I would spend more money on Ansuz PowerSwitch and save on the rest of the system. The biggest one piece of equipment improvement I have ever experienced. Who knew that cleaning up the noise on the Ethernet line could go that far! 

To answer the original question, I have gotten exceptionally good results with dCS Network Bridge and Merason DAC1. This setup has a very musical and organic sound. When you forget about the equipment and just enjoy the music you know that you have got it right.