Looking for a streamer/DAC

OK. 
an old dog trying to catch a new stick. Looking for a streamer/DAC that includes Wi-Fi and would be best to run through my McIntosh MA352. 
I’m confused about the preamp section in many products. Can the preamp be bypassed so I can continue to enjoy the warmth of the tubes?

I have B&W 803 D4 speakers and max budget of $4-5K. 
thanks. 

128x128durangorusd

Showing 2 responses by relayer101

Check out tmraudio.com. They have some of the top brands of Streamer/DAC one box combos at reasonable second hand pricing within your budget. Read the reviews on what is available and look at features and inputs and outputs that you are interested in.

An Auralic Vega G1 would be a good example. They add new products almost daily.

@durangorusd

Very sound decision starting out with the Bluesound Node to get yourself acquainted with streaming music. They make a solid product and are well established. 

I used a Node 2i for a number of years and was never dissatisfied with its sound quality and streaming ability just using the original power supply. I did move to an outboard DAC in time but the onboard DAC was decent and enjoyable. You can also disable the volume control in the Node as you suggested. 

Be sure to go with the newest version of the Node as I believe they have upgraded the DAC design and possibly some other features.

Enjoy the music! That’s what it is all about!