Looking for a preamp with XLR connections

Looking for a reference preamp with XLR inputs and outputs. Looking to spend less than 10k, no tubes. Any suggestion? Thought about the schitt Freya+, but audio science review just review it, and the measurements were aweful. 
Thank you for your recommendations. 

128x128agolde1110

I, too, am in the market for a preamp upgrade, something in the $3K to $5K range.  I currently have a Rogue Audio RP-1 preamp, a Benchmark AHB2 power amp, and Fyne Audio F702 floor standing speakers, augmented at the lower end by a DEfinitive Technology Supercube 6000 carried over from my previous system.  My DAC is a Schiit Bifrost 2, for which I just ordered the “64” upgrade.  The sound is quite good, with excellent imaging, soundstage, and instrument definition, but I realize my preamp is a bit lower on the SQ scale than my power amp and speakers.  I also wonder if there would be any significant benefit going to XLR connections in a balanced preamp.  The Fynes are rated at 93 db efficiency, so I think I have sufficient amplifier power for our small/medium living room.

The Rogue preamps are tubed, so my thought is to stay with tubes, although I have read only very good things about the Benchmark preamps, the LA4 and HPA4.  Models I am considering and will seek to audition include:

* Rogue RP-5  a step up, but not balanced —$3.5K

* Rogue RP-7  similar to the RP-5 but balanced and $5.0K

* Backert Labs Rhumba 1.3  rave reviews, balanced and $4.5K

* Jeff Rowland Capri S2-SC solid state, balanced and about $5.0K

* Benchmark HPA4  solid state, balanced, matched to AHB2, $3K

Are there other models I should consider? Any suggestions would be most welcome.  I’ve been out of the audio “hobby” for quite a while and am enjoying rediscovering great and listenable music, which is what it is really all about.

Hello Mike,

I think you should look at the Rogue  RH-5. 
balanced but also or is a headphone amp. The phono will add $400 to the price but sounds amazing in that price. The Rp7 is good and the RP9 sounds incredible but run very hot. Bias must be set pretty high. 

Hi agolde1110,...   Have a look on USA Audio Mart..at the  Merrill Audio Christine Pre....all xlr ins and outs..a true reference pre...not talked about much..but really a fine ref pre...check it out...!!!

Balanced Audio Technology - BAT preamps are truly balanced and very good. Made in the USA. I have a BAT VK-42se which I got used and it is primo. 

If you totally satisfied with your source signal quality, passive preamp could give you amazing results. Something like Bespoke Audio Company Reference.