Looking for a great front ported bookshelp speaker recommendation

Hi everyone,

After about a 15 year hiatus from hifi, I'm looking to get back into it. I'm looking for a front ported bookshelf speaker. The reason is that it's going to go inside a cabinet and right against a back wall. My budget is up to $5,000 but the less, the better:) Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

TIA

blackiridium

Blackididium

there are a ton of loudspeakers that will work

the real questions how big is your room?

type of amplifier?

type of sound you like detailed/clean or warm and musical?

how loud do you play?

Dave andTroy

audio intellect NJ

atc,dali kef alta audio and jern dealers

Real Bookshelf Speakers, I encourage you to get a pair of Acoustic Research AR-2ax’s.

3 way: tweeter, mid, 10" woofer 11.5" deep x 13-3/4" x 24", no ports, level controls for tweeter and mid.

I got a pair for my garage/shop system, restored them, so darn good I put them in my office, and restored a 2nd pair for my garage/shop system.

parts and knowledge aplenty, find local to avoid shipping, find restored, restore yourself,

I used UPS pack and ship to get my second pair from a ’local pickup only’ seller.

AR-2ax Rehab

I tried a few modern speakers in my office with 6-1/2" woofers, added a single sub, just enough to keep them from sounding small, but the 3 way with a 10" woofer is far better, no sub needed. Having level controls makes sense anywhere, it certainly helps with speakers in cabinets, particularly for me with one speaker nearer a side wall.

So The room is a problem, It’s extremely large. It measures something like 21 feet wide by 30 feet long with an open floorplan to the kitchen behind it and the entranceway to the side And on top of it, the ceilings are very high at like 15 feet or so

@blackiridium if you are stuck with a bookshelf cabinet for placement, dealing with resonance and sound reflection - are you able to place the speakers where the front slightly overhangs the shelf (about an inch) and angle them toward your listening position? And, if possible leaving empty space on each side of the speakers?