Looking for a good full range floor stander

Hello all.  Making a good two way system for a 20 x 40x 12 high room budget 12k to 16 k.  Powered by a bryston 14b cubed amp.  Have a surround system with Golden ear ref and surrounds powered by parasound a21 for mains  and Carver cinema grand for surrounds. Like the GEs  The speakers I'm looking for will be for music only lots of jazz (female vocalist a fav), classical, classic rock and roll (70's and up).  I have heard good things about proac k6, Joseph audio, and a few others but am not within 4 hours of audition range.  Real interested in people in the know about the proac or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
paliden
Sfoth what your major malfunction? Sir Green Mountain audio was not disparaged in any way, the point being made is that a tiny loudspeaker company, or electronics company run by a single guy has a built in limitation.

Most of these companies do not have a continuency plan if the lead designer, kicks the bucket.

David Belles makes very nice products, we passed on the line as David Belles is getting up there in years, there was no discussion of who would continue in the event of his demise.

Sorry Sfoth but we didn’t write the book humans die, mortality is part of life, for that reason Merlin was mentioned as Bobby Pavolivic died, so did Roy Johnson. What are the customers of Green Mountain to do when or if their loudspeakers break? What is the now resale value? Can you get your loudspeakers serviced at all?

That was the point,

One of the reasons we tend to stay with bigger manufacturers is that these companies have grown to the point where they can weather any storm and stock parts for 10-20 years back.

Look what happened to Thiel when Jim died, they did not have a contingency plan, and they were a bigger company, then some of the companies mentioned.

So this issue should be considered a least in a small degree when a new company gets on the scene.

In the case of Salk at least he uses parts from major vendors so this conversation may or may not apply.

Good luck to you sir.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor
You may want to checkout the 
Totem Tribe Towers or the Sky Tower speakers. The Totem Element Metal may be a little out of budget. If you like jazz, as I do these are phenomenal speakers that will give you a holographic Soundstage that is unbelievable. Whether you sit on axis or off axis you will feel as you are always sitting in the sweetspot. They are made in Canada and you won't find many who have heard of them. It's worth googling just to get a better understanding of the technology and the amount of sound they produce from such small drivers. They are somewhat difficult to drive. 
Post removed 
I will enter my final comment on this thread.  There is an entire community of planar fans who support the planar asylum.

Many are Maggie owners who have amazing systems with a variety of supporting gear.

Now they are either all stupid and have the same taste in music presentation or Audiotroy has no clue about how to make Maggies sing.   

I understand they are not thumper bass oriented and room treatments are key to getting the most out of them.

In my room James Taylor sounds like he is sitting on a chair in the room and playing delightful acoustic guitar, such that you want to offer him a drink when the song is over.

Beware of “experts” who know everything and trash what they do not understand.  I am sone here.

Good luck in your search, keep an open mind and sorry for having to interject some reality here.