Long-Term Storage of Equipment

I will have to box up speakers, Amp, digi-players, and a turntable for several months due to a temporary move.

Apart from temperature-controlled storage, what can I do to make sure that all is well?

I'm thinking about those "silica" packets that we've all seen in new boxes. Apparently it does something regarding humidity...

Any thoughts on whether this is something that I should chack into?

Any suggestions appreciated.
gthirteen
I'm glad to hear that you are going to keep your equipment in a temperature-controlled storage area. If you know that high humidity could indeed be a potential problem, then go with the silica packets. They have to be very inexpensive and apparently offer a fair measure of protection. I keep some silica capsules (free from medicine bottles) with my vintage Mcintosh gear stored in the back room.

I always seal audio components in large plastic garbage bags prior to boxing. In this way I don't have to worry about someone knocking a drink over into the box. Additionally, I always store audio boxes off the floor just in case a drink is spilled or I have a plumbing problem. I currently have a couple of small 2"x4" wood boards under my stored gear.

Regards,