Lone Star Audio Festival - Dallas 2011

Anyone going? It will be my first show ever to have attended, looking forward to it.
128x128quadophile

Showing 1 response by audiokinesis

Thank you very much, Uriah.

One of Uriah's preamps will be in my room (I'm not sure he knew that until now; I think I forgot to tell him I'd be using it). The preamp he loaned me last year played a major role in any good sounds we had going on in there, so much so that I bought one.

I'll be showing an evolution of last year's speakers, and Richard Gray will be providing the amplification. Yes, *that* Richard Gray... he's been quietly building tube amps for decades.

Looking forward to meeting you, Quadophile! Now one of the really neat things about Lone Star is rooms like Fred's - that is, hardcore hobbyist rooms. In fact, you'll notice quite a bit of similarity between what Fred's doing as a hobbyist and I'm doing for money.

In fact, you could exhibit too, if you wanted. I clicked on the link to your "system" page, and you've got some very cool stuff that many of us have only read about, or haven't heard in a long time but have fond memories of. If you don't have an accomplice, you wouldn't need to leave your room open all the time - just when you felt like it, in between "making the rounds". If it's logistically feasible, you might consider it.

Duke