Linn Ittok vs. Rega RB-300

I've been using a Linn Ittok tonearm on my VPI HW-19 Mk II for about ten years. Prior to that I used a Rega RB-300. When I got the Ittok I put the Rega RB-300 in the drawer, thinking it was an inferior arm, and have not used it since. In the past few years, however, I have seen a lot of positive views on the RB-300 and not much on the Ittok. Question is, is the RB-300 really an inferior arm or is it in fact as good or better than the Ittok. This could be especially true given all the mods available for the RB-300. For those inquiring minds I'm currently using a Benz Glider but I haven't tried installing it on the RB-300 mainly because of time.
pmotz

Showing 1 response by uncleang

@mbendig4986 

Obviously, in discussing the above, we find ourselves sailing perilously close to the boundary of another, somewhat thornier issue, which is whether different is necessarily better. But that is another story! Anyone else care to comment, here?

Different is different not necessarily better/worse. But that's what audio is all about; trying to convince someone that what you like is better than what they like