Linn CD Player Tweaks

Has anybody had any luck with any tweaks for Linn CD players, especially the Genki? I have used Tara Labs Vanishing Points (4 sounds better than 3) under the unit with some success, better focus, more defined bass but was wondering what else I should try. The PCs I tried on this unit didn't make any discernable difference to me but I am open to suggestion (PCs, isolation, etc.). Thanks.
blackie

Showing 1 response by whknopp0713

My Karik III seems little affected by the tweaks I've tried. It was immune to power cords from Shunyata and JPS, so I went back to stock. I eventually removed the Airmass isolation platform I used for a few months, after I tried Audio Points brass cones. The Airmass seemed to soften and slow the bass slightly. I still use the Audio Points, which had a small effect in opening up the sound and adding shimmer to cymbals and bite to horns. Audio Points have improved every CD player I've ever owned, and I use them under my DVD, too. Your post makes me think I should try again with combinations of nothing, Audio Points and the Airmass. I was tweaking a lot of stuff in the system (and room) when I was tweaking the Karik, and now the rest of the system has settled in and is really smokin' (did Miles ever do a Smokin' with Miles?). I did find that Isopods under my old LK1 (now serving in a multiroom setup) made a real improvement. Let us know if you find something that works for you.