Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

After all, this hobby is pretty much about experimenting until you get the right combination of ingredients which sounds right to you. 

I've always viewed the hobby as an amalgam of science, art and cooking.

The first always depends on an individual's favorite theories, education and understanding, regarding electricity.

The other two, of course: one's palate.

I am visiting this page as a result of the selection of comparisons that are referring to the E 6SN7 being a comparable match to the KR 6SN7.

I have tube rolled the 6SN7 as a input tube on a 845 Mono Block  Power Amp, out of three vintage tubes, four modern tubes and a 68HC the Black Glass KR was very attractive and the preferred tube.

The E6SN7 is on my radar as a result of favourable comparisons being reported on to the KR Tube.   

The earlier reference to 845 Tubes has been well received.